Quite often I get asked how I keep my skin so clear and the real answer is that my skin is NOT anywhere close to perfect. The texture is usually uneven, I have freckles that aren't prominent enough to be cute, just enough to make my skin look blotchy, and half the time my face can't decide whether it wants to be oily or dry. I manage it by exfoliating often, always washing my face before bed, and using products that actually help my skin instead of making it worse. However in the Summer, it gets so hot that makeup barely sticks to my face, that is until I found these lifesavers. I thought i'd share them with you. This is not an ad and none of these brands are paying me- these are the actual products I am currently using now that it's officially pool and beach season.
1. Although it's not pictured, I ALWAYS start by putting sunscreen on my face. ALWAYS. & I usually use Coppertone water babies because that stuff is indestructible. I am very fair skinned and I don't want wrinkles or sunburns.
2. NARS tinted moisturizer- No joke, I went to dinner with 5 girls the other night and 3 of us are all using this product and the other 2 are going to go buy it because of our rave reviews. The texture isn't heavy and somehow it magically blends into your skin making it look flawless. I usually set it with Ben Nye Cameo powder if I want it to be more matte but on days when you want to be dewy it stands on it's own. If I'm in a hurry I will literally just wear this and nothing else.
3. The Smashbox Summer Peach Palette- These blush colors are perfect for getting a sunkissed glow without actually getting sunburned.
4. Hoola Bronzer- I use this all year round actually because it's one of the only bronzers that isn't orange.
5. The Makeup Forever contour palette in Fair- It's about time a brand made a contour palette for us pasty girls, I literally used to use eye shadow to contour before this came out. I am obsessed.
6. Malin & Goetz Lip Moisturizer- My lips get SO dry in the Summer and this little product saves them. I scored this in a grab bag at a party last year and have been buying it ever since.
7. Sephora Liquid Highlighter- When using tinted moisturizer i've found it's best to use a liquid highlighter rather than a powder and this one is actually my favorite AND half the price of designer brands with similar products.
Now go get your summery glow on :)